Rosslyn Chapel was founded in 1446 by Sir William St Clair. The beauty of its setting, the mysterious symbolism of its ornate stonework and more recently its role in a Hollywood blockbuster, have inspired, attracted and intrigued visitors and artists for generations.
Rosslyn Chapel is located just seven miles south of Edinburgh. It is open all year round (closed only on 24, 25 and 31 Dec and 1 Jan); free parking for cars and coaches on site.
Information available in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Russian, Polish, Mandarin and Japanese.
The Chapel can be booked for private evening visits with food and drinks served in the visitor centre.